Although resumes are accepted, an Okeechobee County employment application must be completed and submitted to:
Okeechobee County Historic Courthouse
304 NW 2nd Street – Room 103
Okeechobee, FL 34972
A pre-employment background check will be conducted.
Okeechobee County is an EOE/Drug Free Workplace.
Veterans Preference Eligible (VPE)
Former military personnel or their spouse that have been verified as a “veteran” under Florida Administrative Code Rule 55A-7.009 will receive an interview if they meet the minimum competency factors of the position. The veterans’ preference laws do not guarantee the veteran a job. Positions are filled with the best qualified candidate as determine by the hiring manager.
www.dhs.gov/E-Verify - E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Veterans Service Driver
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$10.58/hr
- Posted Date:10/05/2018
Job Description - Veterans Service Driver
Provides reliable and courteous transportation service to Veterans for medical appointments at VA hospital in West Palm Beach, Florida; provides a communication link between customers and staff; and operates and maintains assigned vehicle(s). Work is performed under the general supervision of Veterans Service Officer.
- High School Diploma or acceptable equivalency.
- Valid Florida Driver’s License with safe driving record
- Must be a Veteran of the Armed Forces of the United States who received an honorable discharge; or, if qualified veteran is not available, the spouse of a veteran.
- DD-214 with Honorable Discharge