Although resumes are accepted, an Okeechobee County employment application must be completed and submitted
Okeechobee County Historical Courthouse
304 NW 2nd Street – Room 103
Okeechobee, FL 34972
A pre-employment background check will be conducted.
Okeechobee County is an EOE/Drug Free Workplace.
All clerical positions require a TABE test with a minimum score of 11.0. Please attach a copy of your results to your application. TABE Tests are good for two years. If you have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher, you do not have to have a TABE Test.
IF YOU HAVE A BACHELOR’S DEGREE-PLEASE SUBMIT A COPY OF DEGREE WITH APPLICATION.
TABE tests can be taken at:
Indian River State College (IRSC), 2229 NW 9th Avenue, Okeechobee, FL
Veterans Preference Eligible (VPE)
Former military personnel or their spouse that have been verified as a “veteran” under Florida Administrative Code Rule 55A-7.009 will receive an interview if they meet the minimum competency factors of the position. The veterans’ preference laws do not guarantee the veteran a job. Positions are filled with the best qualified candidate as determine by the hiring manager.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$18.01/hr
- Posted Date:02/10/2017
Job Description - Electrician
Skilled work and the journeyman work level in the maintenance, installation, alternation and repair of electrical systems, equipment and fixtures in accordance with standard practices of the electrical trade. Work is performed under general direction and supervision of the Facilities Maintenance Project Coordinator.
- Installs and monitors performance of installed electrical equipment for hazards, adjustments or replacements.
- Inspects, tests and maintains parks and ball field lighting systems, electrical lighting, signal, communications and power circuits.
- Maintains accurate records of time and materials used and maintenance and repair history of all electrical equipment on which work is performed.
- Florida Journeyman Electrician’s License registered in Okeechobee County.
- High School Diploma or acceptable equivalency
- Employee in this position must adhere to continuing education requirements by the Florida Electrical Licensing Board. Electrical Certification must be active during employment.
- Valid Florida Driver’s License with no more than 3 points off for infractions.