Although resumes are accepted, an Okeechobee County employment application must be completed and submitted
Okeechobee County Historical Courthouse
304 NW 2nd Street – Room 103
Okeechobee, FL 34972
A pre-employment background check will be conducted.
Okeechobee County is an EOE/Drug Free Workplace.
All clerical positions require a TABE test with a minimum score of 11.0. Please attach a copy of your results to your application. TABE Tests are good for two years. If you have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher, you do not have to have a TABE Test.
IF YOU HAVE A BACHELOR’S DEGREE-PLEASE SUBMIT A COPY OF DEGREE WITH APPLICATION.
TABE tests can be taken at:
Indian River State College (IRSC), 2229 NW 9th Avenue, Okeechobee, FL
Veterans Preference Eligible (VPE)
Former military personnel or their spouse that have been verified as a “veteran” under Florida Administrative Code Rule 55A-7.009 will receive an interview if they meet the minimum competency factors of the position. The veterans’ preference laws do not guarantee the veteran a job. Positions are filled with the best qualified candidate as determine by the hiring manager.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$14.52/hr
- Posted Date:10/02/2017
Job interest cards are located at https://ocfr.org/ under the employment tab.
Firefighter/Paramedic - Full-time - $42,272; Pay will be $12.90 for the first three to four months of training.
Skilled technical work in the County Public Safety Department in the field of fire suppression, prevention and emergency medical services.
- meets requirements of Florida Administrative Rules 10D66 and 4A
- possess State of Florida Paramedic Certification, State of Florida Firefighter Certification as authorized by F.S.S. 633 and Advanced Cardiac Life Support and CPR instruction certifications,
- possess an High School Diploma or acceptable equivalency
- possess a valid Florida Driver's License (Class E or higher). Employee must maintain a Class E License without any restrictions on performance throughout employment.