Although resumes are accepted, an Okeechobee County employment application must be completed and submitted to:
Okeechobee County Historic Courthouse
304 NW 2nd Street – Room 103
Okeechobee, FL 34972
A pre-employment background check will be conducted.
Okeechobee County is an EOE/Drug Free Workplace.
Veterans Preference Eligible (VPE)
Former military personnel or their spouse that have been verified as a “veteran” under Florida Administrative Code Rule 55A-7.009 will receive an interview if they meet the minimum competency factors of the position. The veterans’ preference laws do not guarantee the veteran a job. Positions are filled with the best qualified candidate as determine by the hiring manager.
www.dhs.gov/E-Verify - E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$14.81/hr
- Posted Date:04/16/2018
Job interest cards are located at https://ocfr.org/ under the employment tab.
Firefighter/Paramedic - Full-time - $43,117; Pay will be $13.14 for the first three to four months of training.
Starting salary is $47,943 including holiday pay and built-in FLSA overtime.
Skilled technical work in the County Public Safety Department in the field of fire suppression, prevention and emergency medical services.
- meets requirements of Florida Administrative Rules 10D66 and 4A
- possess State of Florida Paramedic Certification, State of Florida Firefighter Certification as authorized by F.S.S. 633 and Advanced Cardiac Life Support and CPR instruction certifications,
- possess an High School Diploma or acceptable equivalency
- possess a valid Florida Driver's License (Class E or higher). Employee must maintain a Class E License without any restrictions on performance throughout employment.