Although resumes are accepted, an Okeechobee County employment application must be completed and submitted
Okeechobee County Historical Courthouse
304 NW 2nd Street – Room 103
Okeechobee, FL 34972
A pre-employment background check will be conducted.
Okeechobee County is an EOE/Drug Free Workplace.
All clerical positions require a TABE test with a minimum score of 11.0. Please attach a copy of your results to your application. TABE Tests are good for two years. If you have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher, you do not have to have a TABE Test.
IF YOU HAVE A BACHELOR’S DEGREE-PLEASE SUBMIT A COPY OF DEGREE WITH APPLICATION.
TABE tests can be taken at:
Indian River State College (IRSC), 2229 NW 9th Avenue, Okeechobee, FL
Veterans Preference Eligible (VPE)
Former military personnel or their spouse that have been verified as a “veteran” under Florida Administrative Code Rule 55A-7.009 will receive an interview if they meet the minimum competency factors of the position. The veterans’ preference laws do not guarantee the veteran a job. Positions are filled with the best qualified candidate as determine by the hiring manager.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:D.O.Q.
- Posted Date:11/30/2017
Compliance Inspector – FT: $35,402 – $53,102 - Code Enforcement
Technical, multidisciplinary enforcement position concentrating on compliance with regulations pertaining to construction, permitting, contractor licensing, and other state and county regulations. This position coordinates with the Code Enforcement, Building and Planning departments. Work is performed under the general direction of the Code Enforcement Supervisor.
- Responds to reports of possible violations of Florida Statutes and Okeechobee County Ordinances involving construction or contractor activity, including unpermitted construction, unlicensed contractors and
licensed contractors operating improperly or outside their scope of work.
- Conducts field investigations to determine the nature and extent of violations.
- Coordinates investigations with state agencies and other departments as needed and acts as the lead investigator for unpermitted construction and contractor licensing violations.
- Issues notices of violation, notices to appear and citations as appropriate.
- Presents unresolved cases to the Construction Industry Licensing Board, Code Enforcement Magistrate, State Attorney, or other bodies as necessary.
- Maintains current knowledge of construction and contractor licensing requirements and regulations including Florida Statutes and Okeechobee County regulations.
- Accesses, inputs and retrieves information from a computer, tablet, and phone.
- Performs related work as requested or assigned.
- High School Diploma or acceptable equivalency.
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- Five (5) years of experience in business office procedures and practices
- Experience in construction or investigative field is preferred
- F.A.C.E. Level I, II, and III Code Enforcement Certification desired
- Knowledge of County Code of Ordinances, Land Development Code, Florida Building Code, and Florida Statutes
- Knowledge of enforcement options and procedures
Salary Range: $35,402 - $53,102 - Dependent on applicant's qualifications