In-Home Supportive Services*
- Case Management*
- Homemaking Assistance*
- Personal Care Assistance*
- Respite (Relief for Caregivers)*
- Home Delivered Meals*
- Congregate Meals (Served daily at the Senior Center)
- Emergency Home Energy Assistance
- Information and Referral
- Recipient must be age 60 or above
- Verifiable functional impairment(s)
- Some programs have income guidelines
- Some programs require a small monthly co-payment
To access services above that are not marked with an asterisk (*), one must simply call or visit Okeechobee Senior Services where eligibility will be determined by a Case Manager.
Services marked with an asterisk (*) above are accessed by calling the Elder Helpline at 1-866-5885. A telephone screening will be completed by the Elder Helpline staff which will generate an overall risk score. Individuals needing services are then ranked on the waiting lists based on that overall risk score. Due to funding limitations there are waiting lists for most of the services offered. It is important to go through the process of the telephone screening to get on the waiting list. As attrition occurs, or additional funding becomes available, individuals are requested from the waiting list based on their risk scores.
All of the services available through Okeechobee Senior Services are funded primarily by State and Federal grants along with the local support and funding provided by the Okeechobee Board of County Commissioners.