Employment Application - PDF Format
Updated: January 5,2017 at 2:40 pm by Jeff Shain
Human Resources Director
304 NW 2nd Street, Room 103
Okeechobee, FL 34972
Office: (863) 763-9312, Option 3
NOTICE of VACANCIES
Okeechobee County is in the process of establishing a list of interested Firefighter/EMTs and Firefighter/Paramedics to work for our County. If you are interested please follow this link:
Agri-Civic Center Assistant Manager – FT $32,309 – Agri-Civic Center
Performs duties of an assistant manager nature and participates directly in the work of the Agri-Civic Center Manager.
-This position will be routinely scheduled to cover event activity (weekday, evenings and weekend events and attractions). Duties are to include early morning openings as well as late night closing of venue facilities used by clients.
- Serves as the facility representative/duty manager during events and in the absence of the manager.
- Meets with users, oversees event set-up, and requirements per client requests and contractual obligations. responds to customer inquiries and problems, and/or corrects course as needed.
- Communicates with clients on the event set-up requirements. Prepares and confirms event requirements with client and internal team members.
- Assists operations staff in the preparation of the arena footing mixture for equine events, which may include set-up and dismantle of field of play or other event and site related building operations functions. Operates County owned equipment (tractors, turf/soil equipment, water truck, etc.) as needed.
- Must have a valid Florida Driver’s License with safe driving record – no more than 3 points off of license for infractions.
- High School Diploma or equivalency required.
- Experience in ranch or farm management, equine event management, or facility management, maintenance, and operations is preferred.
Equipment Operator/Driver - Road Maintenance - FT 29,568
Semi-skilled and skilled work in the operation of moderately complex public works equipment such as road grader, front-end loader, backhoe, combos, dozer, rubber tire hoe, roller, etc. Participates in the laboring work of the crew as workload demands. An employee allotted to this class will also operate dump trucks and if the employee hold a CDL Class A, the lowboy transport (semi). Work is performed under the general supervision of the Road Foreman.
-Valid A or B CDL license with safe driving record – no more than 3 points off of license for infractions.
-High School Diploma or acceptable equivalency.
-Must have two (2) years of working experience in public works capacity.
-Must have experience in the operation and routine maintenance of moderately heavy construction and automotive equipment.
-Final decision of appointment to this job will be based on applicant’s ability to physically operate, drive and perform the illustrated tasks described herein.
Emergency Management Planner – FT $37,456 – Emergency Management
Assists in planning and management of the Emergency Management and Mosquito Control programs; provides leadership in the development of a viable emergency operations and response plans encompassing an all-hazards approach; provides coordination of the scheduling of mosquito surveillance and abatement activities
- Directs and coordinates emergency planning functions for the Okeechobee County Division of Emergency Management. Must be able to work with State, Federal or Professional organizations.
- Reviews, evaluates, revises and maintains the Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan and annexes assuring compliance with the National Incident Management System (NIMS), HSEEP, and Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) standards.
- Initiate and provide assistance in join planning, training, and the development of exercises for the response of Emergency Management, HazMat, coordinate Everbridge activities as they apply to planning and preparedness, and staff call-down drills.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent paid work experience in public health preparedness, Emergency Management Planning, or mosquito control planning preferred.
- Must have three (3) years or more of professional paid experience working in the capacity of an Emergency Planner. Experience may include disciplines in Emergency Management or Public Safety.
- Must have at least one (1) year of experience developing and monitoring budgets.
-Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver’s License with safe driving record – no more than 3 points off of license for infractions.
Park Maintenance Technician I (Cemetery) – Temporary Full-time - $24,041
Maintenance of grounds, fields and parks (mowing, weed-eating, etc…). Knowledge of grounds/landscape maintenance preferred.
High School Diploma or acceptable equivalency
Valid Florida Drivers’ License with safe driving record – no more than 3 points off of license for infractions.
On-Call Agri Civic Center Event Operations Technician - $11.56 hourly
Event related, called in as needed. Duties to include early morning openings, late night closing of venue facilities used by clients. Turns on/off venue lights and power in electrical vault or parking lot. Turns on/off water as needed for client use. Supervises custodian and/or clean-up crews; install/dismantle labor for pre- and post-event service needs. Operates county owned equipment (tractors, turf/soil equipment, water truck, etc.) as needed. Knowledge of livestock a plus. Assists in other event operating areas as needed.
Senior Services Meals on Wheels Driver – On-Call $10.58 hourly
Delivers lunch meals to elderly clients to their homes within Okeechobee County while providing limited daily contact with program recipients.
-High School Diploma or equivalency preferred
-Valid Florida Drivers’ License with safe driving record – no more than 3 points off of license for infractions.
-A level 2 background check will be conducted.
Although resumes are accepted, an Okeechobee County employment application must be completed and submitted to:
Okeechobee County Courthouse
304 NW 2ndStreet – Room 103
Okeechobee, FL 34972
A pre-employment background check will be conducted.
Okeechobee County is an EOE/Drug Free Workplace.
All clerical positions require a TABE test with a minimum score of 11.0. Please attach a copy of your results to your application. TABE Tests are good for two years. If you have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher, you do not have to have a TABE Test.
TABE tests can be taken at:
Indian River State College (IRSC), 2229 NW 9thAvenue, Okeechobee, FL.
Applications may be downloaded at: www.co.okeechobee.fl.us
Veterans Preference’ Eligible (VPE)
Former military personnel or their spouse that have been verified as a “veteran” under Florida Administrative Code Rule 55A-7.009 will receive an interview if they meet the minimum competency factors of the position. The veterans’ preference laws do not guarantee the veteran a job. Positions are filled with the best qualified candidate as determine by the hiring manager.