The Affordable Housing Advisory Committee consists of:
- 11 members
- Term: Staggered 2-year terms.
- Meetings: The Committee meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 9:00 a.m.
- The Committee seeks local business professionals and residents of Okeechobee County, who actively seek ways to improve, encourage and facilitate affordable housing throughout the County
- The Committee is responsible for recommending revisions or amendments to the Local Housing Plan, a plan that is periodically updated and approved by the Board of County Commissioners.
- When possible, the Committee should include members representing the real estate profession, the Local Planning Agency, the banking/mortgage lending industry, a citizen lay person, a provider of essential services, a resident of an affected jurisdiction, a not for profit housing provider, a for profit housing provider, a residential home builder, a low income advocate and a laborer
The Committee works with the County Housing Coordinator and the State Housing Initiative Program. For more information about the Affordable Housing Advisory Committee, contact our Housing Coordinator:
Ty Hancock at 863-763-5548.
To be considered for appointment to the Affordable Housing Advisory Committee, submit a completed application to the County Administrator’s Office. An Okeechobee County Citizen Board/Committee application may be obtained from the County Administrator’s Office or downloaded from the Okeechobee County website. Download Application