Okeechobee County Proclamation Policy:
The intent and purpose of this Policy is to provide uniformity throughout the process, and to make written guidelines available to interested parties. The primary reasons for issuance of a Proclamation include: (i) formal recognition in support of a particular event, program, or cause, (ii) the recognition and celebration of extraordinary achievements that directly impact the County, and (iii) the honoring or recognition of important and significant occasions that enrich society and increase public awareness of issues that will help to improve the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens of Okeechobee County.
All Proclamations are presented during Board of County Commission Meetings.
A. Requests must be submitted at least 10 days prior to a presentation at a scheduled Board Meeting, and can be mailed, faxed, emailed or hand-delivered.
1. Email to: email@example.com
2. Fax to 863-763-0118 (Please confirm receipt at 863-763-6441)
3. Mail to Board of County Commissioners, 304 NW 2nd Street, Room 123, Okeechobee, FL 34972
4. Deliver to Board of County Commissioners, 304 NW 2nd Street, Rm 123, Okeechobee, FL 34972
B. Requests should include the following information:
1. Contact Persons Name, Phone Number, Address, and E-Mail Address
2. Name(s) and Title (s) of person(s) who will be accepting the Proclamation
C. If there is a sample proclamation available for an event, or if a similar proclamation has been issued by another entity, please provide us with a sample, or provide information or proposed language to assist in preparation of the proclamation.
D. All requested Proclamations are presented during a Board Meeting.
E. Feel free to contact the County Administrator's Office should you have any questions at 863-763-6441.
Please click the following link to view and print your form:
Request to be on BOCC Agenda (rev 2-7-2017) (00012929xE13A3)