William Royce, Director
1700 NW 9th Avenue, Suite A
Okeechobee, Florida 34972
Phone: (863) 763-5548 x 3073
Fax: (863) 763-5276
In accordance with the official recommendations for combating COVID-19/Coronavirus, the Community Development Department will be adjusting operating procedures effective March 26, 2020.
The Community Development Department provides planning, zoning, building, licensing and code enforcement services for unincorporated Okeechobee County.
Responsibilities of the department are:
- Assist residents with questions on the use of land on issues such as zoning, land use, floodplain status, and the development approval process.
- Process Future Land Use Comprehensive Plan Map Amendments to comply with applicable state regulations.
- Review site plans and improvement plans for consistency with adopted County Codes.
- Amend land development regulations for current issues and consistency with the County’s Comprehensive Plan.
- Process Rezoning Petitions, Special Exception Petitions, and Variance Applications.