William Royce, Director
1700 NW 9th Avenue, Suite A
Okeechobee, Florida 34972
Phone: (863) 763-5548 x 3073
Fax: (863) 763-5276
The Community Development Department provides planning, zoning, building, licensing and code enforcement services for unincorporated Okeechobee County.
Responsibilities of the department are:
- Assist residents with questions on the use of land on issues such as zoning, land use, floodplain status, and the development approval process.
- Process Future Land Use Comprehensive Plan Map Amendments to comply with applicable state regulations.
- Review site plans and improvement plans for consistency with adopted County Codes.
- Amend land development regulations for current issues and consistency with the County’s Comprehensive Plan.
- Process Rezoning Petitions, Special Exception Petitions, and Variance Applications.