ALERT:  FOR COVID-19 INFORMATION.  Click here for more information

Requesting a Lien Search

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Requesting a Lien Search in Okeechobee County

If a lien search is requested in Okeechobee County, please follow these steps:

  • Verify that the property is in unincorporated Okeechobee County and not in the City of Okeechobee. To verify this yourself, make sure the parcel ID number of the property begins with a 1. If it begins with a 2 or a 3, the property is in the City of Okeechobee and the request should be sent to City Hall. If you are unsure, feel free to contact us and we can verify for you.
  • Send your request with the address of the property, the parcel ID number, contact information to send the response (preferably email), and a check or money order in the amount of $35.00 per property made payable to the Okeechobee County Community Development Department.
  • Send the request to:
    • Community Development Department
      ATTN:  Code Enforcement
      1700 NW 9th Ave, Suite A
      Okeechobee, FL  34972
  • Once received, the turnaround time is usually 7-10 business days.  The response can be sent by email if an email address is provided. Otherwise the response will be sent by fax or mail.

A lien search will identify open building permits, open code violations and open liens filed through the Community Development Department.