The Tourist Development Council promotes Okeechobee County as a desirable tourist destination by funding marketing campaigns and local events that enhance Okeechobee’s economy while preserving natural resources and the quality of life.
- 9 Members:
- 1 Commissioner – 2 Elected Municipal Officials
- 6 Persons who are involved in the tourist industry and who have demonstrated an interest in tourist development, of which, not less than 3 nor more than 4 shall be owners/operators of tax collecting businesses.
- Term: Staggered 4 year terms.
- Meetings: Minimum one meeting a quarter per Florida Statute.
- Okeechobee T.D.C. meets every other month or as needed.
- The council shall make recommendations for the effective operation of the special projects or for uses of the tourist development tax revenue and perform such other duties as may be prescribed by county ordinance or resolution.
- For an application to be considered for appointment, please click here:
The T.D.C Board meets on a bi monthly schedule typically the second Tuesday of each month. The Board meetings are subject to change and are typically posted at least 7 days prior to meeting in the Public Notice of the local newspaper.
2017 Board Members and Vacancies:
Bradley Goodbread - County Commission Appointee - Expiration Date: 7/1/2021
Monica Clark - City Council Appointee - Expiration Date: 1/1/2021 (Appointments made every 2 years)
Wes Abney - City Council Appointee - Expiration Date: 1/1/2021 (Appointments made every 2 years)
Mike Krause - Not Subject to Tax - Expiration Date: 7/1/2022
Margaret G. Helton - Not Subject to Tax - Expiration Date: 7/1/2021
Dwayne Rexroad - Subject to Tax (Owner or Operator of hotel, motel or campground) - Expiration Date: 7/1/2022
VACANT - Not Subject to Tax - Expiration Date: July 1, 2019
VACANT - Subject to Tax - Expiration Date: July 1, 2020
VACANT - Subject to Tax (Owner or Operator of hotel, motel or campground)